Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kanye West's Collaboration With Louis Vuitton

With all the talented designers at Paris Fashion Week, the top story remains Kanye West’s collaboration with Louis Vuitton. Kanye sits down with Dazed Digital on a brief interview talking about various subjects including his outlook as a designer, obsession with fashion, and favorite blogs among other subjects. The full interview, a vid of the shoe & more pics including all the colorways for this shoe after the jump…..






Kanye West on his inspiration for the sneakers
“They’ve got a sci-fi influence with this flap up at the back. It came from a scene in ‘Dune’ where there was this jacket with a huge collar. Also Japanese pop art.”



…on his obsession with fashion
“I don’t know. I just love clothes. I picked out my own clothes when I first went to kindergarten and there’s no turning back since. And I’ve always been into clothes and I’ve always been into myself. And none of that’s changed since I’ve become a celebrity. It’s just allowed me to be more into myself and more into clothes!”





…on his aspirations as a designer
“I wanna be the type of designer that inspires people, not follow other ideas. I wanna be as innovative as Marc Jacobs has been. I wanna go from being a fashion plate to being an innovator. This collaboration is a dream come true. Everybody comes to these shows has a love of fashion, but then it’s just figuring out what’s your place in it. I’m a walking billboard but to be able to now create something from scratch is amazing.”





We’ve seen the video of Kanye walking out the Louie Vuitton store in L.A wearing the white color way, but now we finally we get an official picture of this very much talked about shoe. Kanye design 5 sneakers for Louie Vuitton, this is just one of those designs. More on this shoe after the jump…..


No comments: